Oh heyyyyy — I’m so glad that you have stopped by this little corner of the internet. I hope that it feels welcoming nd positive to you.
What will this space be?
- Genuine & authentic
- Body-positive, celebrating Health at Every Size
- Focused on positive wellness and movement
- When I need it, probably a space to rant / get out some political thoguhts
What kind of content can you expect to see?
- Challenges to be more intuitive in your eating and movement
- Spotlights of Philadelphia, the city I live, eat, run in, and love
- Maybe some recipes
- My thoughts as they come
What do I promise to my readers?
- That I will share my journey with authenticity and vulnerability
- That I will reject a diet mentality, and instead push readers to respect cues from their bodies, honor the body’s natural size, and move towards a more positive relationship with it
- That I will celebrate both food and movement, but will never see one as an antidote to the other
- That I will write thoughtfully and openly, so that the content can be accessible and challenging both to people who are familiar with Health at Every Size (HAES) and nutrition / wellness ideals, and those who haven’t heard of it
- That you can come here to find a tough workout, a reality check, or some goofy shit
Alright, well… who the hell are you to be writing this?
Great q. I wonder that myself a lot 😉 but I’ve decided in 2017 I need to jump fearlessly into the things I want to pursue.
- Grace AKA graciejem AKA @running-towards
- I 23-year-old living in Philadelphia
- A graduate from the University of Pennsylvania, where I studied public health and nutrition
- A project manager at a digital agency that develops websites & branding projects for nonprofits
- A coffee and ice cream addict
- A believer in too-loud laughter
- A regular drinker of Cabernet Sauvignon
- A survivor of anorexia and exercise addiction
- An unapologetic feminist
- A believer in intuitive eating and intuitive exercise (believe me, MUCH more to come about this!)
- A big-ass nerd
- Frustrated with how our society tends to view health in a single mindset, disregarding the social determinants of many aspects of health
- A marathoner, lover of high-intensity strength training, and member of the November Project Philly tribe
- A beginner baker and cook
- Someone who is always seeking, exploring, and learning
Welcome! Please let me know what you would like to see in this space, and thank you for joining me in the journey!
Who are you? What do you want to see from this space? What questions do you have?
Talk to you soon… baii queens